Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I'm being threatened with a lawsuit.

This is really stupid! I own two "sucks" domain names; and have had them for the past 10+ years. The corporation making threatening noises is RadioShack Corporation. Their claim is trademark infringement. Now, what makes this stupid is that RadioShack Corporation knew about this ten years ago; and they're just now getting around to threatening me with trademark infringement. It would appear that the statute of limitations (7 years) has passed. Therefore, they lost, and are pissed. Next in line is that there is a "fair use" law on the books. This allows journalists the use of company names in their reporting of stories. Then, there's the opinion side of the domain names. Since they are opinions, RadioShack doesn't have a leg to stand on. Opinions are just that, and can be taken with a grain of salt. (Personally, I would prefer having a lime wedge with my grain of salt.) Finally, I have, at least, a thousand case law decisions in my favor. I'm not an attorney; but, I am a retired broadcast radio journalist. It would appear that RadioShack is playing the bully-on-the-playground issue. I don't expect to get rich; but, I do expect to prevail.

No comments: